In a medium sized bowl mix the egg and sugar. Melt the butter and add to the bowl and mix well with a fork. In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder and a sachet of Foodlink. Slowly add this powder mixture to the other bowl continuing to whisk until smooth. Add any whole milk you feel is needed for consistency. Remember this mixture should be quite thick as we want the pancakes to be fluffy.
Pour some oil into a pre-heated pan, medium heat so not to burn. Pour a thick layer of your mixture into the pan. Cook for 2 minutes and flip, cooking the other side for a further 2 minutes.
Note: This makes one large pancake or two small pancakes depending on preference!
Nutritional Information:663kcals, 22.4g protein, 36.1g fat, 64g carbohydrate
All flavours of Foodlink Compete can be used with this recipe. Here are a few serving suggestions:
• Natural flavour: just like traditional American style pancakes, these can be served with all your favourite toppings. Our favourite would be bacon and maple syrup
(Nutritional information for additional toppings: 105kcals, 4g protein, 4g fat, 11g carbohydrate; based on 2 x streaky bacon & 15ml of maple syrup)
• Banana flavour: top with freshly chopped banana and chocolate chips
(Nutritional information for additional toppings: 143kcals, 2g protein, 5g fat, 24g carbohydrate; based on 16 choc chips & small banana, no skin)
• Vanilla flavour: can be served with traditional topping such as sugar and lemon juice
(Nutritional information for additional toppings: 59kcals, 0g protein, 0g fat, 15.7g carbohydrate; based on 15g sugar & JiF lemon juice)
• Chocolate flavour: delicious with freshly chopped strawberries and cream
(Nutritional information for additional toppings: 96kcals, 1g protein, 8g fat, 5g carbohydrate; based on 4 strawberries & 15ml double cream)
• Strawberry flavour: these are great with blueberries, chopped nuts and honey
(Nutritional information: 93kcals, 0.5g protein, 3.5g fat, 14g carbohydrate; based on 20g blue- berries, 5g chopped walnuts & 17g honey)
Other great topping ideas for all flavour pancakes
(nutritional information based on average portion from Carbs & Cals)
• Fresh Berries (10-20kcals, 5g carbohydrate, 1g protein, 0g fat)
• Jams such as strawberry, blackcurrant (52kcals, 12g carbohydrate, 0g pro, 0g fat)
• Chocolate spread (93kcals, 10g carbohydrate, 1g pro, 6g fat)
• Peanut butter (92kcals, 2g carbohydrate, 4g pro, 8g fat)
• Flaked Almonds (31kcals, 1g carbohydrate, 1g pro, 3g fat)
• Plain natural yoghurt (50kcals, 5g carbohydrate, 4g pro, 2g fat)
• Granola (76kcals, 11g carbohydrate, 2g pro, 3g fat)
• Marshmallows (49kcals, 13g carbohydrate, 1g pro, 0g fat)
• Why not even try ice-cream! (70kcals, 8g carbohydrate, 1g pro, 4g fat)
Why not try a savoury option too!
Use the same basic pancake recipe, but stick to Foodlink Complete Natural flavour. Omit the sugar and add 30g cooked ham (diced) and 40g mature cheddar (grated). Pour the batter mixture into a frying pan. Scatter over the ham and cheese, cook for a few mins, allowing the cheese to melt and then flip and cook the other side for a few minutes. This recipe makes one large pancake.
Nutritional Information: 880kcal, 21g protein, 43.4g protein