- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the potato and garlic for 3-4 minutes, to soften.
- Add the leeks and cook for a further few minutes.
- Stir in the vegetable stock then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10-12 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from the heat.
- Mix the 57g Foodlink Complete Compact / Foodlink Complete Natural sachet with the 100ml and then add to the pan.
- Using a hand blender, blend the soup until smooth and season to taste.
- To serve, toast the bread and spread on the butter. For extra yumminess, why not crumble some Caerphilly cheese on to the top of the soup?
Soup only – 818kcal/17.7g protein
Soup with toast and butter only – 985kcal/21.3g protein
Soup with toast and butter plus cheese on top of the soup – 1095kcal/27.3g protein
Recipe adapted from BBC Good Food. Tinned soups can also be fortified.